Lifechime with app features
Log Stories — Solidify Life Lessons — Celebrate Relationships
Record what matters most
From bump to birthday, to 10 years old, parenting is a transformative experience worth writing about, and Reflective Parenting is fun and fulfilling. Connect with your child by reflecting on your experience as a parent, and imagining your dreams for their future.
Lifechime is thoughtfully designed to help you authentically and articulately present yourself, and progresses with your comfort level to capture your essence in any medium - text, audio, or video.
- Thoughtful. Help parents express their love.
- Empowering. This is for the adults of tomorrow.
- Approachable. Use levity and compassion to make reflection an enjoyable habit.
- Reliable. Many services come and go, but that won't matter because we honor the integrity of your content and put it in your hands.
BENEFITS OF REFLECTIVE PARENTING
- Reduce stress/anxiety for parents
- Make big decisions with more clarity
- Increase success outcomes for children
- Deepen family connectedness
- Create nostalgia to enjoy in the future
- Show your children who you were before they grew up
- Invest in the best parenting lessons for when your child grows up: their own childhood
- Emotional life insurance to guarantee your child grows up knowing and remembering you
- Quality questions make it easy to articulate your thoughts
- Designed to adapt to your unique family
- Type your response, or record yourself or a loved one with audio or video
- Have your videos transcribed for powerful search
A NOTE FROM THE FOUNDER
My mother died when I was 7 after three separate bouts of different cancers. As part of learning more about my personality and identity, I've sought to better understand my lineage. There's been a gap with my mom, and I've only gotten the slightest understanding by talking with those who knew her. In 2013, I learned that my friend’s mom recorded tapes for each of her children, and how deeply he cherishes that gift. I wanted that, but I'll never have it. That poignant moment made me imagine a world where it's commonplace for children to grow up enjoying timeless notes from their younger parents. Since then, I've been developing and clarifying this project. As a former Apple engineer, an app was the obvious solution. I started by focusing on seriously ill parents, but have realized this is something for all parents to do — that it's fun, not a chore. Cheers to Lifechime!
Yours in being
~ Josh Benjamin