Log Stories — Solidify Life Lessons — Celebrate Relationships
Record what matters most
From bump to birthday to graduation, parenting is a transformative experience worth reflection. Connect with your child by reflecting on your experience as a parent and imagining your dreams for their future.
Lifechime helps you create a rich treasure chest of memories and reflections that both you and your child can enjoy at various points in the future.
Lifechime is thoughtfully designed to help you authentically and articulately present yourself — progressing with your comfort level to capture your essence. You can also use Lifechime with your partner to interview each other and connect in new ways!
BENEFITS OF REFLECTIVE PARENTING
- Reduce stress/anxiety for parents
- Make big decisions with more clarity
- Increase success outcomes for children
- Deepen family connectedness
- Create nostalgia to enjoy in the future
- Show your children who you were before they grew up
- Give your children a glimpse of what it was like to be a caregiver
- Invest in the best parenting lessons for when your child grows up: their own childhood
- Emotional life insurance to guarantee your child grows up knowing and remembering you
- Thoughtful. Help parents express their love.
- Empowering. This is for the adults of tomorrow.
- Approachable. Use levity and compassion to make reflection an enjoyable habit.
- Reliable. Many services come and go, but that won't matter because we honor the integrity of your content and put it in your hands.
A NOTE FROM THE FOUNDER
Lifechime came about as a mischievous solution to an idea I've been exploring for quite a while. The story of the idea begins with my mother's death when I was 7, after three separate bouts of different cancers. Now, as part of learning more about my personality and identity, I've sought to better understand my lineage. There's been a gap with my mom, and I've only gotten the slightest understanding by talking with those who knew her. In 2013, I learned that my friend’s mom recorded tapes for each of her children, and how deeply he cherishes that gift. I wanted that, but I'll never have it. That poignant moment made me imagine a world where it's commonplace for children to grow up enjoying timeless notes from their younger parents. Since then, I've been developing and clarifying this project. As a former Apple engineer, an app was the obvious solution. I started by focusing on seriously ill parents, but have realized this is something for all parents to do — that it's fun, not a chore. Cheers to Lifechime!
Yours in being
~ Josh Benjamin